MAHSC’s vision for education and training recognises that major improvements to patient care require the concerted action of interdisciplinary teams of highly trained healthcare professionals who are skilled practitioners, researchers, innovators and leaders.
MAHSC therefore strives to achieve the highest standards of education and training for all healthcare professionals at all levels; to embed research, innovation and leadership training in our undergraduate, postgraduate and CPD programmes; to support the career progression of our clinical academic workforce; and, through education and training, to nurture a culture of compassionate and patient-centred care.
- To provide all MAHSC staff with opportunities to enhance their skills and progress their careers through continuing professional development
- To provide opportunities for healthcare professionals across MAHSC to combine research with their clinical training and practice
- To provide opportunities for healthcare professionals across MAHSC to learn more about the science that underpins quality improvement and to put this learning into practice
- To provide training and support to encourage innovation in healthcare delivery
- To equip healthcare professionals across MAHSC with the knowledge and skills needed to meet the challenges of changing patterns of service delivery, patient demographics, health economics and digital healthcare information
At the MAHSC Our Impact on Health conference in December 2014, we engaged with local schools to develop students’ knowledge of the health problems that affect their areas and encourage them to consider innovative strategies to improve wellbeing in their communities. Find out more in the video below.
Continuing professional development (CPD)
MAHSC offers an extensive array of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities to build and enhance the skills of its staff and the broader NHS workforce.Read more
Undergraduate and postgraduate
MAHSC is a major UK centre for the education and training of healthcare professionals at all stages of their career development and across a broad range of specialities, subspecialties and healthcare related disciplines.Read more
There are a wide range of opportunities for education and training across MAHSC.Read more
Meet the team
MAHSC Education and Training Administrator
Reader in Endocrinology, Centre Lead, Women's Health
Professor Gillian Wallis
Director of Education and Training
Dr Philip Padfield
Director, Manchester Academy for Healthcare Scientist Education